Sunday, August 24, 2014

When Upon Life's Billows

Good evening!  We are in Bend, Oregon tonight.  We had hoped to be closer to home, but our car quit.  We were about 50 miles past Bend, when the car overheated.  A kind young man stopped and helped us. He waited for the tow truck to come and tow our car and he pulled our trailer with his truck and followed us into town.  We couldn't believe how helpful he was!  Anyway, the car is in a shop here in town.  We won't know much until tomorrow when the shop opens.  In the meantime we are in a nice motel waiting it out.  Our trailer is full of all the kids sleeping bags and tents so we can't really use it.  Although if this drags on we may empty it out.  We will take one day at a time.
I enjoyed getting to know the two young men that helped us today.  Ty was the one who stopped.  We were actually the fourth people he helped today.  He said he felt inspired to help whomever needed help today.  He was a Godsend for us.  The second young man was the tow truck driver.  I rode back to town with him...about an hour I guess.  He told me he was leaving for Tennessee next week.  He has a job there.  I enjoyed hearing about his life and his cute family.  He showed me a picture of his wife and two children.  So even though it was not what we had planned, I enjoyed the day.  I guess we have a little time to get know Bend a little better.  I like this town, and I wasn't ready to end this vacation quite yet;)
Well, I am going to get some sleep!  Sweet dreams!  Melody

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about the car. I hate it when we have had car break downs. I loved that this young man stopped and helped you; that is so awesome.
Enjoy your moments in Bend and I hope you don't have to stay too long.
Blessings for you too!

Amy Boyack said...

I can't believe you got stuck. I hope you're back on the road. I love you. Travel safely. Let me know if you need me to come and get you. I would.

singing/granny said...

Thanks. We should get our car back this evening. And we got all day bus passes. So we are just going to have fun. Making lemonade.