Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Brighter Day

Well, as you can see I've started a painting.  I know it has quite a ways to go, but it feels good so far.  It is a sunset at Sunset Bay.  Nothing too earth changing, but still I think it could be nice.  I mostly worked on the color in the sky...kind of a foundation.  Most of the rest is just sketchy paint to place where things will eventually go.  I only had an hour this morning, but it did feel good.  So I will try to keep at it.  The main problem, like always, is making sure the paint on my brush is the color I want on the canvas.  I still struggle with just blopping on whatever happens to end up on the brush after a few strokes.  I will get better though.
So now I am off to help Mel with work stuff.  He has been clearing out some space at work....bringing it back here and putting it in his empty shop.  It's no longer empty!!!!!!  Oh well.  I didn't really think I would get an art studio out of it all.  It would be way too big, and cold in the winter.  This bedroom does feel kind of cramped, but it is fine.  At least I have a place for painting!
Anyway, things are looking a little brighter today.  I hope all is well in cyberspace!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I like the sky already in your painting. I am glad you are having a better day.
Blessings and hugs!