Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Day in Paradise

Good merry morning!  It is a lovely day here.  I went over to a Weight Watcher's meeting because we will be gone for my regular meeting.  I didn't expect to lose any weight because it has only been since Friday that my weight was checked.  So I was pleasantly surprised to find I had!  It's funny how happy this makes me feel.  I feel like I am succeeding where I have been struggling so long!
Last night we went to our empty nesters' family home evening.  We watched a movie...."God Isn't Dead."  It was pretty good I thought.  But the best part was....I found a DVD I was missing.  I guess I had leant it to Jodell a while ago.  It is a watercolor DVD by Joseph Zbukvich....one I really love.
This is one of his paintings
So it  was great to find it.  I love how he paints, and I think I learn something each time I watch it.  And no, I have still not started painting again.  I was looking back at this blog, and I realize I haven't painted since the beginning of July.  That is bad!  So as soon as this trip is over....:)  I think I have to get back to a regular work schedule.  That seemed to be working.  It is just that it is so hard to keep up.  There are always other things I am needed for.  But I know I want to be painting, so I will keep reminding myself that I need to do it!!!!!!
I think the biggest stone in my way on this path of painting is that it is messy!   So maybe I should do watercolors for a while.  I will think on this a bit.  But next Monday I will be doing a painting of one kind or another!!!
I am kind of excited to be taking a plane ride tomorrow.  It will be fun to be with Mel...just the two of us for the morning.  Then we meet up with my Dad and brother and wives.  But we should be doing fun stuff....maybe even a ride down to the giant redwoods.  I love it there!!!!  I just have to convince my brother.  He is anxious to go fishing I think.  We'll see...or sea.  Anyway it will be a fun although short trip.  We'll be back on Saturday.  Just in time for Mel's high council meetings the next day.
This afternoon I am going to a funeral for my cousins' son.  It is sure to be sad.  They are not religious, and he took his own life.  He was only like 36 or so.  I will have to remember Pres. Hinckley's words and keep a smile on my face.  I know that there is happiness for this young man in the world to come.  I hope I can give hope to my cousin.
Anyway, I had better end.  My visiting teachers should be here any minute.  Take care!  And have a most lovely, joy filled day.  I'm still pulling for you!!!!  We're all in this together!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am sure you will be a great one to give comfort to your cousin.
I really wish we had a Empty Nestor's group in our ward. We need more social time.
Wishing for you a wonderful time with your family and I will look forward to reading about it.
I have missed your daily entries so it was fun to catch up.
Blessings and hugs!