Saturday, September 6, 2014

Counting My Blessings

Hi!  It's a good Saturday here.  Although it is fringed with sadness at the news of the death of my cousin Kathy's son Johnny.  He died very unexpectedly and I only heard about it yesterday. The very sad part is that he was her second son to die young.  I cannot imagine how very sad she must feel.  And it makes me feel sad too.  I keep trying to distract myself with other things so I thought it might be a good idea to blog.  
 I keep rereading Pres. Hinckleys quote about being happy.  It has really helped me to look for the joyful things in life, and not to search for the sad things. "Don't be gloomy.  Do not dwell on unkind things.  Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. 'Accentuate the positive'.  Look a little deeper for the good.  Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart.  Love life!"  Gordon B. Hinckley. 
So in that spirit I should report that the dinner last night was indeed very tasty!  I must admit I ate way more than I should have.  The dessert table was amazing!  And the corn was some of the sweetest I have ever had. And the best part was when we got home our daughter Michelle and our granddaughters Alyssa and Madeline and a couple of their friends came to spend the night. Madeline and her two friends had a minor car accident in Washington and so Michelle and Alyssa had them meet up here to sleep and then they followed them to Twin Falls this morning, just to make sure their car ran OK.  And I've heard from them since and all is well.  I was relieved it was only a minor mishap. And it did make me think how I should count my blessings.  I do feel so very blessed.
Anyway, I hope all is well for you and yours!  Take care and have a lovely evening!!!!!!!  Melody 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's son passing away. I can't imagine losing one child let alone too. I too love President Hinckley's positive attitude; I miss him.
I am sure you had a great sleep over.
Blessings for all!