Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday

Hola!  I have officially lost 10 pounds!  So that is good news.  Especially since I had so much good food in Oregon this last week!  It was very inspiring at weight watchers this morning.  A lady was there who has lost 156 pounds!  She looks fantastic.  I was impressed with her story.  She started weight watchers weighing over 300 pounds.  She works out with weights and her before and after pictures are amazing.  She looks like a weight lifting coach.  She said it had completely changed her life and her attitude about herself.  I like stories like that.  And she wasn't all that young....50 years old.  Anyway, it made me more resolved to keep at it.
I went for a luncheon today at a friend's house.  It was fun.  There were six of us, and we decided we would have to get together more often.  I guess we are all in the same boat...trying to figure out what to do with the rest of our lives.  It is a common dilemma among women of a certain age I guess.  They are all such good women, it made me feel like I wasn't alone in this.  It seems like we have all gotten to the point where we are not needed so much by our family, but still full of enough energy that we need to be actively engaged in something worth while.  I think it will be a good group to encourage each other in our various pursuits.
So now I am home trying to help an artist friend of mine.  She is trying to submit a couple of paintings to a juried show.  So I took a couple of photos of her paintings for her and emailed them.  Unfortunately they have specific dimensions they want for these and I can't seem to get it right.  I resized it as I think they wanted, but in emailing it the dimensions changed and they are saying they are too small.  So I did it again, and again it wasn't right.  So I just emailed them for the third time....hopefully it is right this time. If not I figure she is going to have to find a friend who knows how to use photoshop better than I do.  I actually had an assignment last year doing this very thing....but it was a newer version of photoshop at school, and I had a lot of help from my professor.  I wish I could remember better how to do it.  But oh well.  I have done the best I know how.
And now I am getting ready to go with Mel to the temple this evening.  It will be a nice conclusion to the day.  I haven't been for a couple of weeks with all of the traveling we have have done.  And I miss it.   So have a lovely Friday night out there in cyberspace!  I am still pulling for you!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congratulations on losing the 10 lbs. I have lost about 6 which is nice. My husband got diagnosed with diabetes. The Dr. thinks he can control it just with diet. We are using this diet and both of us have lost some weight.
I just had a 50th high school class reunion. It was fun to be with friends some that I haven't seen in a very long time and feel like we are all in the same time of life; wondering what is next to be doing.
For sure get back into your art.
Blessings and hugs!