Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Tall Tale

Good Sabbath!  We are home again, filled with memories of a fun week with Norm and Cindy, and a brief visit with my dad.  I think it is one of the more fun times we have had in a long while.  As Cindy said, "Just like the olden days, but without kiddos and with a little more money."  It is nice to actually have enough money so that we aren't counting coins to see if we can afford an ice cream!  I really relaxed and was able to feel like I had no responsibilities for a short time.  That felt awfully good!  And surprisingly I did not gain any weight!  In fact I lost a pound, which is a miracle, considering all of the sweet and rich food I ate!  So it was a good trip all around.  Yesterday we said good bye to the whales and the wonderful Inn at Arch Rock and headed back to Portland where we caught our flight home.  It feels good to be here.
So here's a few more photos.  I think a lot of these Mel took.  He is a much better photographer than I am.  I think he's a natural.
The four of us heading out to the ocean

Going under the bridge through the narrow channel

Under the bridge

This hat was one of the few I could find at Walmart.
Other words on the hat were, "Meow" and "Brooklyn"

Cindy and Norm

Mel and I at Cape Foulweather where Captain Cook came a long time ago.

Mel got friendly with this walrus.

Early morning at the wharf

Mel holding all our fish.  Nobody else wanted to, although
I did hold one for a short time...stinky!

Norm and Mel with the fish
So that's it.  I hope today is a good Sabbath for you today!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The pictures do show how fun your trip was. I loved the photos they were lovely. You did get quite the catch of fish; I will assume you will enjoy eating the fish.
I loved the hat and the pictures of the two of you.
Have a great Sabbath and blessings to you!