Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Night

Good evening!  It's been a busy day!  I have been trying to catch everything back up....meaning I paid bills, did laundry, and went shopping.  I guess that doesn't sound like much, but I am really tired!  And to top it all off Max got out and went down the hill and bothered some people who own dogs way down the street.  It is amazing to me he will still go so far to find a female doggy!  He's 13 years old....or 91 in dog years.  Mel calls it the impossible dream.  Anyway, the animal control man showed up at my door with Max and wanted to know if he was my dog.  I said yes and he explained that it was against the law to allow a dog to be at large.  And yes, I did know that.  But he is very good at going under the fence, and he has gotten so deaf, he doesn't hear me call him home.  So this evening for family night we went to D&B and got some welded wire fencing and Mel nailed it with big staples to the inside of our fence.  He covered up the main hole, but it got dark before he could finish.  We have been going to do this since we put up the fence.  I hope it makes it more secure.  It will make me feel like a more responsible dog owner.
On a lighter note, we had salmon for dinner....again!  I cooked some last night, and we finished it tonight.  Well, we finished one package.  We have several...I think 10 or 12.  It is really good salmon.  And as I am eating it, I think how fun it was to be out on that boat in the ocean.  I can still feel how it felt to ride the waves!  I am glad to have had that experience.
So it is almost time for bed.  I hope I have better dreams tonight.  Last night I kept having nightmares about people being murdered.  I think it was from watching the news.  I guess I had better not watch for a while.  I think the gruesome events of late have really gotten to me.
So I hope all is well and happy in cyberspace tonight!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

We have had a couple of dogs that have escaped under the fence. I am glad they found him. Although i am sure he would have found his way home.
The fresh caught Salmon sounds so good. We really love salmon and actually eat a lot of it. I think it would be fun to go Salmon fishing.
Well I do hope you have sweet dreams tonight.
Blessings!