Thursday, September 18, 2014

Smoke gets in your Eyes!

Good evening!  I did it!  I put a coat of gesso on a canvas!  So now I just have to splash some paint on there when it dries....and I will end the painting block I have been experiencing.  I don't know why it has been so hard, but I can tell you it has been.  I think I can find time to paint tomorrow...although I am committed for a couple of other things already.  So we'll see.  I am not going to beat myself up about this...it is supposed to be enjoyable!
I have a photo on my computer....this one.
Ellen is the one with the ponytail on top of her head.  Cassie is standing
right behind her.
 I love it!  Not only for the ocean, but for the spunky granddaughter in the foreground of the photo.  That is Ellen.  She is 14 and such fun!!!  I am lucky to be her grandma.  The funniest thing is that she thinks I am great too.  We have a good friendship.  It is so nice to have grandchildren!  They keep me young and enthusiastic...at least inside if not on the outside.  The girl standing behind her and to the left is also one of my granddaughters...Cassie.  She is lots of fun too.  She can tell you amazing facts about most anything.  She is really smart!  She has a twin sister that is also super smart.  They are quite a fun pair.  We had lots of fun on our family reunion!  I have been thinking of how fun that was.  And I really wish we were still at the ocean!!!  It is really smokey here today.  The smoke from the California fire has blown in and settled here.  It is supposed to get better in the next couple of days.  It is pretty bad today...you could see, smell and even taste the smoke in the air.  I looked up the song, "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", thinking it would be a good youtube reference.  So for a trip back to high school days just click on this link. Smoke
Well, I don't have a lot to tell today.  I hope all is well in cyberspace!!!!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

That picture is just lovely. I think it is awesome that your sweet granddaughters have you for their grandma. You seem to be very fun. Sometimes, I think I can be fun and sometimes a little too serious.
Blessings for a fun post!