Tuesday, October 14, 2014

An eensy, weensy

I made friends with a spider today.  She was sitting on the window sill looking rather proud of the four house flies she had trapped and killed in her web.  I spoke to her and said, "Thanks!"  I am not fond of spiders, but I am even less fond of house flies.  So I figure she had done me a favor, and I put off destroying her web for another day when I feel less happy about spiders inside the house.  I guess another thing in her favor was that she was small and not too scary.  We get lots of spiders, and many of them are huge, and even dangerous.  But she looked fairly harmless, although the flies might disagree.
Today has been a rather low energy day.  The main thing I did was watch Alex for Liz while she had some more dental work done.  He is an easy little person to watch.  He loves the back yard and is curious about everything.  He is fun to be with.  And I only had to watch him for a couple of hours.  The rest of the day I have mostly rested.  I haven't been sleeping well again.  So I stopped at Walgreen's on the way home and bought some Zzzzquil.  I hope that does the trick.  I really don't function well on only a few hours of sleep.
On the good news side...I have lost a couple more pounds!  I think it is so funny that I can get so excited about losing a pound or two.  But that is my world of now.  I think sometimes how hard it was to keep any weight on my skinny teenage body.  I used to hate being so thin!  I really wanted a different body then.  Over the years I have gotten pretty comfortable with the one I have.  Perhaps a little too comfortable.
So I hope things are happy in cyberspace.  The real world seems a little scary of late with war and disease and bad weather rampant.  I like to think I am sending happy vibes out to the world with this little blog.  So I wish you all a happy, happy, Happy!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You do send happy vibes in cyberspace.
I don't like spiders but this was a cute thoughts.
It is always fun to have a few moments with a precious grandchild
Our world is frightening and I think it is hard to always be optimistic; although I try hard to be.
Blessings to you dear friend!