Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Glorious!

Wow!  We loved the movie, "Meet the Mormons".  We went to see it tonight.  I guess I was more impressed with the story of Brother Halvorsen after seeing the movie.  I greatly admire his efforts to bring good will to the children of war torn Germany.  But all of the stories were wonderful.  And the song at the end made me cry...."Glorious" by David Archuleta. Here is a link Song "Glorious" I guess it is not the first time my name has been in a song.  But I liked how he sang, "Everyone plays a piece and there are melodies In each one of us, oh, it's glorious!"  It made me think I need to step up:)  Do people even know I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints....or a Mormon?  I hope so.  
When I was doing work with Candlelighters, one of the members of our group asked the whole group, "If they were still killing Christians, would they know you were one?"  It made me think a lot about that.  I would hope that I live my life following the teachings of Christ enough, that others might notice.  I have certainly tried.  But often I fail.  I loved what the man from Nepal said in the movie, "I am not perfect in living, but I am perfect in trying to be perfect"....or something to that effect.  That impressed me.
So I am feeling much better today.  Of course I had to take a nap.  But that's allowed....at least I think it is.  And I am feeling a little more like myself, although I have a ways to go yet.  I am still hearing a lot of negative talk in my head about how I need to be busier and not so lazy.  But I have been telling that voice to go back to bed.
We drove Kenny back to the airport this morning.  I hate to see him leave.  It is hard to have grown children, but even harder when they live far away.  I guess we will have to plan another trip out to California before long.  But first we have to go see Julie in Oklahoma.
Well, I hope all is happy and bright out in cyberspace.  I am still pulling for you!!!  We're all in this together!!!!  And yes, I have heard those drums lately.  But they are getting to be more distant.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved the movie too. I cried a lot the stories were so inspiring and of course the song was so touching.
I hope that I am example of my faith also. I could step it up a bit.
Yes, tell those thoughts to go back to bed; because you do need to get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.
Happy you were able to get to the movie. Take care and blessings and prayers for you!