Friday, October 24, 2014

Muscles and an Attitude

I did it!  I had a very productive day today!  But I had to take a nap in the middle.  It was only an hour, which is a huge improvement from the rest of this week!  Don't worry though.  I am taking things slow.  I did go to weight watchers this morning.  I really dreaded going as I haven't been limiting my foods at all.  But I still lost....almost a pound:)  I figure it is going in the down direction, so that is good.  Did I mention there is a lady that comes who has lost over 130 pounds?  She looks so healthy.  Of course, it helps that she is fifteen years younger than me.  But she is very muscled, and obviously works out.  It makes me think I can do this!  I am grateful for her example.  There are about 5 or 6 other women there who have also reached their goal weights.  They are all an inspiration to me.  I want to be more healthy, and I think losing weight is a good goal.
I was thinking today about a funny little incident that happened at the hospital.  The technician or nurse or whatever his position, came in to ask me all of those questions....name, birthdate, health insurance, etc.  I told him I sure wish I could have waited to come in another couple of weeks, because then medicare could have paid for it all.  He looked really surprised.  Then he said, "I guess the numbers add up right, but you look way too young to be turning 65 next month."  Mel piped in, "Well, did you think I was her father?"  The man chuckled and said, "No, I just thought you were a lucky guy."  Pretty good come back.  I thought I had better record that one for posterity.  People are so nice.  I wonder what the required class is called....Flattery 101 or something!
I have decided I had better get well....all the way.  I want to be healthy and strong.  I really don't like the idea of being a fragile little old lady.  They're cute and all, but I never had any intention of becoming one.  I think I had rather be one of those sturdy pioneer types with muscles and an attitude.  Well, a nice attitude of course.  But not a push over.  I think I may need to work on this!!!!
So I hope all is well and happy out in cyberspace this lovely Friday evening.  It is traditionally our date night, but we will probably spend it wrapped in a flannel blanket watching netflix in front of the pellet stove.  It is nice to have a cozy home to stay in on date night!!!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy you are doing better. I too want to just be more healthy and hope to do that by losing weight and exercising. Since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes we have been eating less sugar and other changes. We are also exercising better.
I do like the curling up in a blanket and watching TV kind of date; we do that often.
Blessings!