Sunday, November 30, 2014

All Is Calm

Good Sabbath!  I hope this day is a peaceful day for you.  It is for me.  I love to go to church and first conduct a choir practice where currently we are singing wonderful Christmas songs.  We had a pretty good turnout considering that about a third of our ward was out of town for the holiday weekend.  It was especially nice to sing "Away in a Manger", and "Far, far Away on Judea's Plains".  I love the traditional songs of Christmas!
Then we had sacrament meeting and the youth speakers were especially good today.  They were senior high school age young people and it was reassuring to hear both of them give a powerful testimony of the Savior.  I worry that young people are so bombarded by the evil influences in the world that it is challenging for them to have a testimony of our Lord.  But I should not worry so much.  They are amazing.
The adult speakers were also good.  I enjoy hearing others share their feelings about the gospel.  So Sunday is an especially nice day for me.  We had a combined lesson for the Relief Society (women) and the Priesthood (men).  It was so good.  We watched a video of Pres. Bednar from Education Week.  He is a powerful speaker.  And I like that he grew up near by where I grew up.  Anyway, here is a link to the talk.  Elder Bednar
One of the things he said was so powerful  I can see how important it is for each of us to share the gospel in our own way.  "I exhort you to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth—messages that are authentic, edifying, and praiseworthy—and literally to sweep the earth as with a flood.”  It made me more determined to keep blogging and to share my testimony of Jesus Christ.  He is truly our Savior.
So now we are enjoying a quiet day here in our home.  Yesterday Mel granted me a work wish.  I asked him if he would rent a rug doctor and clean the carpets for Christmas.  So he did.  And they look so much better!  I will be happy to decorate with all the trimmings....as soon as it is dry:)  Today we are climbing around the furniture in the halls.  It is kind of funny.  But not too terrible.  He only cleaned the dining room and great room and hallway.  So things are normal everywhere else.  I guess we will put the furniture back tomorrow:)
I think I will include a couple of photos taken last week at my birthday party by my granddaughter, Ellen.  They are selfies....of her and me and whomever else she could persuade into the picture.  She is lots of fun!  I will have to include Thanksgiving photos another day.  Anyway, I hope all is well and happy in cyberspace!  Things are good here!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVGreat Evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody
Ellen, Me, Kim
Sean...not so willing to pose

Ellen, Mel, Kim

Ellen, Sebastian, Aaron
Me....I love cake!!!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved the fun pictures; it looked like everyone was enjoying the moments.
Your Sabbath day sounded lovely. I too am impressed by many of the youth. They do have strong testimonies.
I too love the traditional hymns and you are blessed to be able to lead the choir.
Loved this one~