Thursday, November 27, 2014

An Attitude of Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving Day!  I am thankful for so many things.  And grateful for every day I have here on this amazing earth!  I have learned so much here!  And I have gained an appreciation for all life...not just people, who are wonderful, but for animals, birds, fish and bugs.  And even all of the microbial life I cannot see, but is amazing nonetheless.  This year I think I have learned to be grateful for everything in the oceans.  It was such an amazing experience to be up close and personal with a few whales!  And also to take that fishing trip!  I so enjoyed the waves and the water, and I was so glad to return to the shore!  I guess I really do prefer land, but it was a fun experience just the same.
And I think I have really gained an appreciation for good health!  I am grateful to be alive and mostly well, and to be able to still partake in life in a meaningful way.  And I am excited to be looking forward to hands that don't shake, and a mind that is calm.  I guess it might take a few weeks or even months after I get the meds.  But it will be worth the wait!
And I thought I would share a painting I did some time ago...when I was first learning about oil painting.  My teacher had wanted us to paint in a more modern style, so we had to pick an artist to copy.  I really don't remember who I picked now.  But he painted in many pictures to bring about one idea.  So that is what this painting is supposed to do.  The overall theme was, "His Eye is on the Sparrow, and I know He watches over me."  But it is really a painting about gratitude.  I could explain each part, but I think it is better if you interpret it for yourself and your own circumstances.  Anyway, here it is...a repeat I know.
I also wanted to share a talk that President Uchtdorf gave recently.  It is about developing gratitude as a way of life.  Here it is.  Pres. Uchtdorf
Well, I hope your day is great and the turkey's sacrifice worth it all.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh Melody; your painting is lovely.
I really enjoyed your thoughts on things you are grateful for. I am so grateful you are here; after your blood clots. I know you will do well with your latest health issues. You have great faith; so you will do well.
I love your grateful heart.
Blessings and I am happy you are having a good Thanksgiving moment.
Thanks also for the talk link; I love President Uchtdorf's messages.
Blessings and hugs for you!