Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Becoming a Tweenager.

Hola!  It has been a good day.  I have gotten everything done that I wanted to do.  And I am not too terribly tired considering.  Considering what...you may ask...or not.  I am going to tell you anyway.  I definitely have an overactive thyroid.  My doctor confirmed it yesterday.  And I also have osteopena...meaning my bones are not as dense as they should be.  I guess that is from the thyroid acting up.  At any rate they are going to give me radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid gland.  It's a little creepy, but I guess easier than surgery which is my other option.  And no one wants to operate on me with my blood clot history:)  My doctor said it will relieve some of the annoying symptoms I have been having (anxiety, insomnia, tremors, exhaustion, and a bunch more).  Of course I will have to take thyroid substitute medicine, but I guess thousands of people do that successfully.  I asked him why I was so fat if I had such an overactive thyroid.  I guess I was a little too frank because he seemed a little flustered by the question.  I do need to watch those filters.  Sometimes I just blurt things out.  And after reading about this on the internet, it is often the case that it increases your appetite rather than decreases.  I guess it is the luck of the draw which symptoms you end up with.  And I guess it can be rather serious long term...heart damage and other organ damage.  So I am so glad he caught this.  And I hope all of the annoying symptoms disappear.  Remember I said I just feel so anxious every time I think of painting?  Maybe this could be one of the reasons why.  That would be so nice.  Then I could stop worrying about everything!!!!  I really have gotten to be so anxiety ridden the last year or so.  And I really couldn't figure out any reason.  So once more, chemicals in the body have been playing havoc with my psyche!
Yesterday, Taylor was over.  He is 11 now.  Soon he will be 12....January 2!  So he is already anticipating being a tweenager.  He wanted me to examine the fuzz that is starting to grow on his upper lip.  I honestly could not see anything.  But I had him look at the fuzz that is growing on my upper lip and we both had a laugh.  In fact we had a very fun day.  He is such a delight!   His little brother, Alex, who is only 3, was also with us.  They both came to my doctor appointment:(  It was kind of hard, but my doctor is also a friend from the ward.  And he has a son that is a friend of Taylor's.  So he was very understanding.  Liz was just so sick yesterday that I had to take them so she could rest.  Of course, Alex was very curious about everything.   It brought back memories of all of the doctor visits with Tommy.  He was only 3 when they first found he had cancer.  So we spent a lot of time in doctor's offices.  In some ways it felt a little déjà vu.  Kind of sad and happy at the same time.
So today I have been to Mel's shop, paid the bills, and did some bookwork.  Then he and I went to Boise so he could pick up and deliver parts.  I enjoy that part of the business.  Then I dropped him off at work and I went to Costco.  It was so busy.  But miraculously I was able to get in and out very quickly.  And the best part is I bought pies....so now I don't have to bake any if I don't feel like it.  We are having our feast at Michelle's in Twin Falls....the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't mind.  In fact I kind of like less stress at the moment.  And it is easier for everyone.
Well, I hope today is a good day for you.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so glad you found out what is going on with you; that is half the battle. The fear of the unknown is a hard one. Most Thyroid conditions are pretty curable if caught early so you should be good to go.
You grandchildren sound like treasures. I don't think I would want to repeat the many times I had to take children to Dr. Appointments. I am happy it went well.
Even with feeling exhausted you do get a lot done.
Well, I hope your Thanksgiving was an awesome one.
Blessings!