Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Can you read my lips?

Happy Day!!!  I have a busy day today...work and then a doctor visit to see about this goiter.  But I wanted to write down this funny thing I remembered from the other day.  It was my birthday and we had Kim's family over for dinner.  My granddaughter Ellen loves our dog Max.  She is only a year older than he is, so I think they have kind of grown up together.  Anyway, she is really sad that Max has gone deaf.  She asked me what he could hear.  I told her I didn't think he could hear anything.  So she was playing with Max on the floor when she said, "Grandma, watch!  Max can read lips!"  Then she told him to sit and shake and lay down, all of which he did.  So then she looked up at me...."See?  He can still do all of his tricks!  You just have to stand in front where he can read your lips!"  That made me laugh!  And maybe it is true.  I know I hear better when I can see a person's lips.  Maybe it is true for Max.  I suppose it is a question for science!
Anyway, I hope today is a good day for us all.  Take care out there in cyberspace.  I am pulling for you!  We're all in this together!!!  I don't hear the drums today.... HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved this one. Children are just so adorable and they do say the cutest thing. However, maybe she is right.
Blessings for you dear friend and have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your family.