Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The First Step

I've had a great day so far. I got up early to be at the lab when it opened at 8 to get my blood test done before book club. It's so funny. There is already a line at that hour. And I think I was the youngest one in it. You have to give them your birth date so they can look up your records. I heard, "1933, 1939. 1936...it made me feel like a youngster!  But I realized I am just a new member of the club....Medicare beneficiaries. I guess I will get used to it all eventually. 
Book club was wonderful. Not because of the book, which was pretty entertaining, but because of the friends we have become over the last 25 or so years. We have all aged in that time and our children have all grown and left. So we have a lot in common. It's hard to finally get around to talking about the book!  But when we do I realize what good women they all are and I feel blessed to be a part of the group. We range in age from 85 to 55. That's a good span of years. And we have varying backgrounds that make for an interesting discussion!  I really enjoy it!
Afterwards I drove to the art store and to my delight I found a deep sided canvas...36x48"!  I am thrilled not to have to make one!  So now I am committed to begin a painting about Christ. I have many ideas. I'm going to have to pick one and just go with it. The biggest problem is finding people to model. I can use family so that should help. I guess I just need to make a plan and go forward. I want to do something beautiful that is not like every other painting of Christ. I have to stop fighting myself and just begin. Luckily the first step is easy...paint a coat of gesso. Then I'll have begun. Well I hope all is well in cyberspace this evening!  I'm still pulling for you!  We're all in this together!!!  HAVVVVGE!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that you have had a book club for so long. I would love to belong to one here. I guess I should look around. I imagine that you all have a lot of fun together.
I will look forward to seeing more of your artwork; I love that you are doing this.