Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Enjoying the season

Gute Nacht!  It has been a good day today.  I was able to get most everything done for Christmas.  All the presents are wrapped!  That is not the norm.  We are usually wrapping gifts on Christmas eve.  So it feels good.  And all of the shopping is really done.  Although...I still could get a couple of things for Mel.  We had decided that the puppy was our main Christmas gift this year.  But I may get a few little things, just so that we have something to unwrap on Christmas morning.  We have already unwrapped the gifts that came UPS.  We are not too patient about that.  Sigh!  And the dinner on Christmas is in the afternoon, so we will unwrap a few things then.  I am feeling like tomorrow will be a day of baking.  I bought lots of apples for apple pie, and ingredients for a gluten free chocolate cake we all love.  I also have a three layer jello that I think I will not layer.  Instead I can just make three jellos.  It will take less time, and the bowl I used to make it in broke.  Sorry, I am going through my list.  I feel like there is so much still to do, but I think it is more that my head gets a little confused and jumbled with the lead up to Christmas, and it is more an imaginary load of insurmountable tasks.  I should be able to get my part done.  And my girls are all helping with their part of things.
I had a call from my doctor today.  It was all good news.  The biopsy was benign!  I am so relieved.  And the doctor is pretty sure that all of my exaggerated symptoms were the result of the CAT scan I had in October.  He thinks they will all gradually disappear.  And I believe him, because I am already feeling much better.  I will go back in a few months for a followup.  So all is well.
The puppy is still lots of fun.  He is growing so fast!!!  And he is learning that outside is a great place for many things.  He was born outside, and the breeders had all of the puppies outside in a kennel that was wrapped with a tarp, to keep the weather out.  So he doesn't seem to mind being out there at all. And the weather here has been very mild.  Mel said he would fix our kennel up so that if the weather gets bad the dogs can still be outside....at least some of the time.  I think that is good.  I like having them in when I can pay attention, but it is hard to be constantly on puppy guard!  Although he is learning so quickly.  I think he is a pretty smart dog.  And he is still so sweet!  He is calm and good natured.
Well, I guess I had better go get some rest.  Mel is watching a football game.  I am hoping it is almost over!  Take care and enjoy the season!!!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I feel just like you; there is just so much to day that I get overwhelmed but then when I just work away at it; it's not that bad.
We actually had our gifts wrapped before Christmas Eve; which was awesome.
Your picture with the puppy is so cute.
Blessings!