Sunday, December 7, 2014

Merry Memories

Good evening!  It has been such a lovely Sabbath day, although it seems incredible that it is already Sunday again. We had a good fast and testimony meeting with so many precious testimonies from the young people in our ward. I am thankful for their examples. A few of them even made it for choir practice. The choir sounds good, but I felt exhausted by the end and it was only 30 minutes long. And I was shaking so much I could hardly turn the pages. I am anxious to get this thyroid stuff taken care of. I should hear tomorrow when I get to see the endocrinologist. I'm actually looking forward to it. 
We saw a most beautiful thing this morning. It was foggy this morning as we were driving to church...kind of patchy fog. And as I was looking up at the sky I saw a flock of geese and the amazing thing was that they seemed to be suddenly appearing one by one as they flew out of the fog. I wish I had a video, as it looked so magical...almost like a train coming out of a tunnel. Then another flock behind them did the same thing. I felt like I had seen a little miracle. It is one of the blessings of living out in the country. We are often treated to a view of Gods amazing creatures. Yesterday we spotted a coyote in the meadow at the bottom of our hill. It was hard to see as it was exactly the color of. the dried grass. We could only see it when it moved. I love seeing wild animals...at least from a safe distance. I wouldn't want to be chased by one!
So now we are watching BYU TV. The first presidency's Christmas broadcast is on next. Right now we are watching a Mormon Tabernacle Christmas broadcast with David Archuletta. I'm loving this...music and good messages!  
Take care and enjoy the Christmas season!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Your tree is lovely! It looks like you had a sweet day. I was watching a flock of birds just the other day and am always fascinated by how they fly in formation.
I am praying for you that your Dr. visit goes well.
Blessings and prayers for you!

singing/granny said...

Thank you for your prayers and good comments. I feel them! Take care!