Saturday, December 20, 2014

Singing with the Heavenly Host

Good evening!  I am feeling a little stressed this evening.  I guess it is anticipation of the Christmas program tomorrow.  I would feel better if we had another couple of weeks to practice songs, but I guess it will be fine.  I am just nervous about it all.
We did finish the last of our Christmas shopping today.  So that feels good.  And it is fun to have time together to enjoy the season.  I guess Christmas has always been a special time.  I remember so many good people in my life who have made it special....especially relatives.  My grandmother Duffin had two sisters who did not have children, so they were especially close to us and we had such fun with all of the "old folks" at Christmas time.  My grandparents on both sides were so kind and good to us all, and Christmas was always a time of presents and good food and warm family fun.  I miss them all so very much.  And it is a little weird to think of myself as one of the "old folks."  I feel especially bad that my dad cannot be with us.  He isn't traveling much now, and Barbara not at all.  So we will have to take a trip to see them when we can get a break.  Her children are all close by, so they will have some family with them. But it is not the same.
Shopping today was a little hectic.  We only had to get a few things at Old Navy.  But the line was about 40 people long.  I let Mel stand in line, because he offered, and I went and sat in the car.  My knees do not shop well anymore!  It is nice that he will do that.
Well, I guess we are watching some more football.  I must admit I do not enjoy watching it much.  I may just sit by Mel and read my book.  I am reading "The Elephant Whisperer" for book club right now.  It is really good, except that I dream about elephants if I read it before bed.  Big elephants...with big tusks!  I think I saw a movie when I was a little girl where people got attacked by elephants and it has stayed in my subconscious.  I really love elephants, but they are big and I don't like them in my dreams much.
So I hope life is good out in cyberspace.  It is good here in Idaho.  I feel so blessed and really very spoiled to have such a happy life.  I am grateful for Mel and my children and family.  We can only wonder at all of the blessings we have been given....too many to name!  How grateful I am for my faith in God and His son Jesus Christ!  I feel their blessings every day!
 I love the stories of Christ being born in a stable, and the shepherds and wise men who came to visit.  And the wonder of a new star in the sky!  It all must have been so amazing to witness.  I like to think I was there as "one of the heavenly host, praising God" and singing, "Glory to God in the highest!"  Here's the real story from Luke chapter 2: 
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Such a wonderful story!  I love to hear it.  And I am wishing you a most lovely evening and a very merry week leading up to Christmas- and the birth of the Savior of the World!  
HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!
Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I just know your Christmas program will be wonderful and the choir perfect.
I really enjoy the Christmas story. We will have a Nativity with Grandchildren tomorrow night; which is always fun. I have a little 4 month old great granddaughter that will hopefully be Jesus for the program. She probably won't stay in place.
I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and the coming week.
Merry Christmas and may you have wonderful blessings through this Christmas season.