Wednesday, December 24, 2014

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve!  It is really blowing here. There is a winter storm advisory, which means I guess that we should be aware that the storm outside is a winter storm. I went to let the dogs out and the wind had blown snow up against the door...quite a bit!  I guess we will have snow for Christmas!  I must admit I am not that fond of snow, and I worry about daughters and their families traveling tomorrow to come here. But I suppose it is beautiful when it is calm like in a Currier & Ives sort of way. But the wind is loud here tonight. I hope it calms down for tomorrow. 
I have spent today getting ready for tomorrow. I think I only have to put a ham in the oven and peas in the microwave tomorrow. Oh and throw together a shrimp salad that is a tradition. So it should be a nice stress free day. At least when everyone arrives safely. It feels good. I think I can relax and enjoy the gathering. 
So I hope your Christmas is merry and bright. Have a wonderful night before Christmas!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

We got a white Christmas too; I was happy about that. I love snow on Christmas and then not so much. I like to look at it but not be in it.
I feel like Christmas Eve had just come to quick; it usual does.
Blessings and I am sure you enjoyed this one!