Friday, January 23, 2015

Checking In

It's been a good day.  I had one of my visiting teachers here quite early.  It is always fun to visit.  And she liked my painting so far and told me I should really start working on my children's books.  I think she is a great life coach!  I had planned a trip into Meridian this morning, but I got a bad headache, so I went to bed for a couple of hours until it went away.  I'm so glad it did!  I don't usually get headaches, but I think I am still trying not to catch Mel's cold, which he is finally getting over!!!
Then I went in to work this afternoon and took Mel to lunch at Red Robin.  It is good to share a lunch there, and it ends up costing about the same as a hamburger joint when we split a lunch.  After that I worked on books at the office for a while.  Then I bought birthday cards and tried to catch up a little on sending out cards to my posterity.  I am not very good at that, but it is one of my resolutions to do better.  And I picked up a movie at Red Box for our Friday Night Date night.  Ha, ha!  We are getting so old!  We'd much rather stay here in our warm cozy home!
I am kind of excited.  I got plane tickets for us to go see my dad in Oregon, and then Kenny in California in a couple of weeks, for my dad's 92nd birthday!!!  I think it will be a nice break from Idaho's cold!
Well, not much else to share.  I am a little tired today.  I didn't get any painting done.  I feel kind of stymied...I need a couple of photos to get better reference details.  So maybe I can do that tomorrow with Mel's help.  I hope all is happy and bright out in cyberspace tonight!  Have a grrrrrreat Friday night!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I think that would be awesome if you did a children's book.
I love splitting lunch with my husband although we don't go out for lunch very often.
It is fun to have encouraging Visiting Teachers.
How fun to take a mid winter trip and a 92nd Birthday is awesome.
Blessings!