Thursday, January 22, 2015

Painting some more!

I've been painting again this morning!  It feels good, but I am done for today.  I started about 9 and painted until almost noon.  I get tired!  And I start making bad painting decisions.  So I am calling it quits for today.  Besides, I have the lady missionaries coming for dinner tonight.  And I still have to shop!  Also I ran out of Dawn detergent, which is what I use to clean my brushes...along with baby oil. I guess it's less toxic than paint thinner...and it works great!!!
So here is a peek.  I am really liking this.  It is actually fun.  But I am a little frustrated with how I will paint the woman holding the baby.  I may have to get a volunteer to model for me.  You know how I love doing that!
I also need to work on the robe....a lot!  I have never been fond of doing drapey things.  I would rather do a shirt and pants!  But I can do this.  Patience and good references!!!  Maybe I can get Mel to pose in a sheet for a photo session!
Well, I had better get Mel's lunch made before he gets home.  I hope all is cheery and bright in your neck of the woods!!!!!
Melody



2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy to see that you are painting again. I love this one. I hope you have a delightful dinner with the missionaries.
We had to cancel dinner with them a week ago since my husband who was on a business trip was taken to the hospital in critical condition with a pulmonary emboli. Through many tender mercies he is back home doing well.
I have missed reading your blog.
Blessings for you with your artwork!

singing/granny said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your husband's PE. I sure empathize! I am glad that he pulled through!!! I hope he gets to feeling well again soon. Thanks for the encouragement with my painting. I appreciate all of your kind words. Blessings to you dear friend! Melody