Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sabbath Activities

Good morning!  It is 11:43 am here in icy Idaho.  I am watching the clock because it is a new time schedule for Sunday today.  We don't have our meeting until 1:00 pm.  And so the problem is, how do I fill my time with worthwhile and meaningful activities that are still appropriate for the Sabbath Day?  So far I have watched a little on BYUTV, tried unsuccessfully to find some information for a few of my ancestors, and cooked a delicious breakfast....where Mel said as we sat down, "Is this the wrong time to remind you that today is fast Sunday?"  Oh well, we will fast next Sunday.  I don't know how I forgot.  I already wrote the check and everything!  It is getting bad!!!!!  I guess I was excited to try the sourdough starter that Amy gave us on some sourdough pancakes.  They were really good, once I swallowed my guilt.
So I will continue to work on my family history.  It is so fun to read about ancestors.  I am not very good at finding new ones though.  I think I need a little more instruction on how to use all that is so readily available.  I get kind of mixed up on how to use the different buttons.  We are enrolled in our ward's family history class.  But it seems we talk of other things.  So I am committing myself to going to the family history center this week and getting the instruction I need.
One of the people I was reading about this morning was in the first prayer circle in the Nauvoo temple. His name was Abel Lamb.  One of the records says that he helped to hide the gold plates that Joseph Smith was translating.  It is so interesting to read about.  He was a good man by all accounts.  I appreciate that so many people are scanning the records they have of people onto the family search site.  I think it helps to get to know your ancestors.
Well, I guess I will get on with today.  I hope all is well and good in cyberspace today!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Guess what we have the same church time. I will be struggling with the same thing; except I will probably just do my Primary lesson.
I think 1 pm is hard. The kids are tired by then.
I love that you fixed a good breakfast on fast day. I feel so much better to know that others forget once in a while.
Blessings for a wonderful new week.