Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sunny Day

The sun is out!  Good day.....sunshine!!!!!  I love that song.  And I love sunny days.  I feel more energized!  It is a little breezy, but not windy.  I do like the wind, but more when it is warm...  Not the cold blizzardy kind!  It seems we've had more than our share of that this winter!!!
Today I am reading the last of my book for book club.  I think I mentioned it was a little depressing, all about a man who escaped from a labor camp in North Korea.  But it is better now....he finally escaped!  So I think the rest of the book should go quickly.
It has made me realize how very good my life is.  I have so much freedom....to do what I want, and think what I want, and to be able to make my own choices.  It would be so hard to be in a situation like this man was in....never knowing love, even from his own mother.  Very sad!
I am trying hard to stay well.  Mel's cold has become pretty bad.  He is so congested.  But today he seems to be feeling a little better.  So I hope he is on the mend.  He is such a trooper, and never complains.  But I know this has been a bad cold for him because he rarely skips work, and yesterday he only went in for a few hours.  I went in with him so he had an excuse to come home when I finished the work I had there.  I can get most of it done in a couple of hours.  Today he went in without me, but he said he would leave around lunch time.  So I imagine he will work til 3 or 4.... :)
I haven't been too active lately.  I think fighting this cold off is taking all of my energy.  But I plan to get more active soon....we did get a recreation center pass, so I should be swimming.  It has been too cold though.  I think this puppy will have me walking as soon as the ice melts.  He is so active, and he loves to be outside.  So I think that will be good.  I kind of enjoy training dogs anyway.  And he is very smart and anxious to please, so I think it will be fun.
So that's about all for today.  I hope all is happy and bright out in cyberspace today.  I am pulling for you!  We're all in this together!!!!!!  Have a most glorious day!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am like you; I am more ambitious when the sun is out. It rained all day yesterday; so I was slow all day. It has still be cloudy here. Weather does have an affect on my mood.
I hope you dear husband get's better quick. My husband has had to travel last week and this week. I don't sleep well when he is gone.
Have fun with that puppy. I am really happy I have our Sammy here with me to keep me company.
Blessings and hugs!

singing/granny said...

My husband used to travel with his job. I really didn't like it! I hope yours gets home soon! And that you get some sunshine soon!!!