Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday

Good, good day to you!!!  I hope it is.  It is sunny here...finally....after a day drenched in fog.  It started clearing here about 3 this afternoon, and gradually the valley has cleared pretty much.  I am glad.  I love sunshine!
So today is Buddy's vaccination day.  I decided I had better get it done, especially since we will be leaving him and Max next weekend.  So I went to the local farm store and bought the vaccines.  I gave him the bordetella nose spray without incident.  But the puppy shot has this HUGE needle.  I am used to the tiny ones I use for my diabetes.  So I've got it all ready, but I stuck it in the fridge to await the arrival home of Mel.  I need him to hold on to the puppy!  I don't want to misfire!!!  Such fun.  I got boosters for Max too, but I will wait for Mel.
And that is one of the things that is hard for me.  I am so used to being very independent and strong and able to fight my own dragons.  It is weird to be getting old and weaker and dependent on other people.  I can't lift much, or bend much, or climb much.  I guess I need to get more serious about going to the recreation center and getting strong.  I did put my swim suit in the car....does that count?  I am a little timid to go there without a friend.  I had hoped Mel would go, but he goes to basketball at 5:30 am M,W,F, so he is not really up for much else.  I can solve this, but it may take some real courage:)  Or maybe I can talk Liz into going with me.  That would make it fun!  I'll figure it out.
I didn't paint today, but I watched videos on youtube of an artist I admire.  His name is David Grey, and the site is DGPaints.  That link should get you there if you"re interested.  He is really good at painting portraits and still life.  I love watching him.  I wish that he talked more...like what colors he is mixing now, and what size brush, and things that would help me learn better.  But he does have one video where he talks about that.  I would just like it if he did that while he was painting.  It was good to watch a few videos.  It makes me want to be better.  And it also helps me see where I need to improve. I think in 20 years I might be able to figure it all out....maybe, with some luck.
Well, I guess it's time to get dinner ready.  And watch the news.  It is so grim lately!  I think it is sad that there is so much contention.  I have a friend from school who is from Iraq.  She is so upset by the movie about the American Sniper.  I haven't seen it because it is rated R.  She said it made her ill.  And that all of the Iraquis were portrayed as evil and terrorists.  She said that people there are like people here.  And of course that is true.  It is so much propaganda...trying to turn our hearts away from others.  I just have to think how displeasing this all is to our Father in Heaven.  We need to reach out to all people with love.  I just keep thinking, "Call the missionaries, they can help!"   Anyway, I hope all is happy and well where ever you may be in this world.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!!!  We're all in this together!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the sunshine too. I am really getting tired of the dreary weather. I don't feel as ambitious.
I love that you are giving the dog his shots. I need to look into doing the same thing. Going to the Vets is expensive.
I am excited about your painting and how you prepare.
Well it sounded like you had a great day. I need to get back to exercising too.
Blessings!