Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Yay!

Guten Tag!  I am feeling very good about myself today.  I finally got over, around, and through my artist's block! I have had this idea about what I wanted to paint, and it sort of popped into my mind yesterday about how to do it.  So this morning I got out my paints and started in.  It is a picture of Christ, blessing the children as he did in Matthew 19,  
"13 ¶Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
 15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence."
For family night last night we watched President Monson's video, and he told a touching story about how the Savior loved children.  And it made me think how to do this painting.  So I guess I got the inspiration I have been praying for.  Now if I can just do it well!!!
Here's a peek at my beginnings.  I am not sure about using transparent red oxide for his robe, but it makes for a good beginning.  I still need to get someone to model hands on the baby's head, but I think I can find someone.  That always is the hardest for me....asking someone to model.  Well, first figuring out what to paint....that is hard.  Sort of a gymnastics in creative thinking.  But I think I have also been having a little bout with depression too.  Not bad, just trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life:)
Well, I hope you are having a good day out in cyberspace today.  Take care and have a grrrrrrrreat wan!!!!!  Melody






1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I like that you are back painting. I always love to watch what you do from start to finish.
I love the theme of this one and the scriptures behind it.
Blessings!