Saturday, February 14, 2015

Enjoying the Sunshine

Happy Valentines and Good morning!  I'm enjoying sunny weather and beautiful scenery here in Southern California. We went to one of my favorite places yesterday...Laguna Beach. They have a park that runs along the cliff above the ocean. It's really amazing. I guess I am not the only one who likes it here though. It was pretty crowded!  And when we went into one of my favorite restaurants it was too crowded for comfort...so we left. I was kind of sad.  I'll be glad to go back home today. I'm tired!  We've done so much walking!  On Thursday I rented a scooter. That made the Plastics convention really fun. I had lots of fun and didn't have sore knees. I was reluctant to rent one because it made me feel weird to be the only one on a scooter. But I really wasn't. And I even met a nice man who said I was the only sensible person he had met at the convention. We talked quite a while. He told us how he and his wife had both rented scooters to go to Disneyland a while back. Then he told me his wife had died and how much he missed her. We talked to him about our belief in eternal families. As it turned out he knew quite a few Mormons and liked that part of our beliefs. I enjoyed talking to him. 
Well I guess I had better get going. I'm not sure what's in store for today. We have a few hours before our flight. So have a great day out in cyberspace!  I'm sure it will be a great day here!  Melody




No comments: