Monday, March 30, 2015

Good Day!!!!!

A cheery good morning to you!  I have been a little busy the last couple of days.  It is hard to find the time to write when life gets so busy.  But I think about what I should write about even when I am not writing.  I do the same with painting.  I start thinking in the middle of talking with someone how I would paint that shadow on their nose!  It is kind of funny.  With writing it is usually that I am thinking I had better remember this so I can share it.  I often forget just what it was I was wanting to share.  Sigh!
Yesterday we made the decision that we are traveling this next weekend to see my dad.  We had planned to go up the week after next, but it won't work.  And it is fun to think about going to see him and Barb.  They are too far away!  I am thinking he might like to come home with us for a couple of weeks.  We shall see.  Barb can't travel anymore. :(
Church was especially nice yesterday.  We had a combined Relief society and Priesthood meeting.  It was good.  We discussed our last stake conference and the promise of our stake president to each family.  The president was so sweet in his testimony that he didn't want to lose even one of us.  He is a good man...very sincere and humble.  He gave us a directive of things we can do to strengthen our families and promised us blessings if we would follow them.  So we are all encouraged to have a family counsel and implement those directives into our lives.  I like that it is specific and meaningful.  And I think it is helping us to live a more dedicated and determined life.  The four areas may be church wide.  They are temple and family history, scripture study, keeping the Sabbath day and missionary work.  Mel and I have set goals in each area to do better.  I do think it is helping us to be better people.  And I notice that other blessings are happening in our lives.  So that is good.
I have a lot to do today....mostly laundry....and dishes.  I ran out of dishwasher detergent!  I haven't done that for quite a while.  I remember running out of it some years back and deciding to use a little laundry detergent in its place....:)  Sudsy wudsy!  We had soap suds coming out of all sides of the dishwasher!  And it was such a mess!  I think I will just go purchase some dishwasher detergent.
So I hope life is treating you kindly.  Have a most wonderful, joy-filled day!!!!  Melody


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am glad you are having a good day. I hope you have a great time visiting your Dad; I think you are so good at doing that. Enjoy every moment you have with him; because it you will have great memories.
I like your Stake President's message. Those guidelines are good ones. I think we all need to follow those. I am very anxious for General Conference. I think we all need to feel the spirit and hear the messages from our Apostles and Prophet.
Blessings and hugs!