Friday, March 13, 2015

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!!

Good morning!  It's a beautiful Friday the 13th!  ....For the second time in a short while.  I used to think it was more of a lucky day for me.  I think the one in February was not, so I hope today proves lucky...or at least not miserable:)
So today I am going to solve the problem of signing my painting.  I did sign it, but I was very bothered by how bad it looked.  So today I will redo that.  Or maybe in the next few days.  I wiped off the old signature, but it is still there in a ghostly fashion.  So I will have to paint over it, which means I will have to match the background color.  I'm not sure I can remember what I used:)  I think a raw umber blend of something.  I am not a fastidious painter.  I sometimes think it would be good to write down which colors I have used....like in a chart.  But that would definitely take all of the fun out of it for me.  I like the trial and error of it all I guess.  I need to get this done though, so I can take it in to the framer.  I am a little excited about that.  I think it will be nice in a frame.
And no, I have not started on the next painting.  But I think I will next week.  I am missing it already.  Which is a good sign I guess.  I do think I will practice drawing each day in the meantime.  I have a method book that I keep thinking I will do by Charles Bargue.  I also have bunches of other books that would be good to study and practice.  I really need to keep practicing!  It seems that I get better as I practice...a little like the piano I suppose.
Anyway, that is life here today. I hope life is good in your neck of the woods!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: