Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday, Monday

Good morning!  I am feeling like a fish today...a little wet behind the gills!  I started another goal.  I went swimming at 6:30 this morning!  I have been going to do this for a month or so, but I finally "got my feet wet."  Ha, ha!  I can think of so many puns this morning to go along with this adventure.  But the main thing is I started in again with diet and exercise.  On the diet side I am counting carbs.  It seems to be much easier than calories, and it is what I am supposed to be doing anyway.  I guess I just had to get back into the right mind set.  And it feels like I have.  So that is good.
Yesterday we had a stake conference for Idaho.  It was broadcast from a building in Meridian.  Elder Tom Perry was the main speaker.  He was joined by Elder Nielsen of the Seventy, and Sister Marriott from the YW general presidency.  It was a great meeting.  The main topic was following righteousness in everything we do.  Elder Perry talked about seeing the broadway production of "Fiddler on the Roof" with his wife when it first came out.  And then he talked about traditions.  And how the church is blessed to have traditions based on righteousness.  It was a good talk.  And then we came home and "Fiddler on the Roof" was on the Turner Classic station on TV, so we watched it.  I love that movie!  And it was fun to see how much of it I remembered...more than most of the movies we watch over again.  I think because of the music.  I remember music so well.  I wish there were more musicals made.  I was a little disappointed with "Mama Mia" though.  Especially with Pierce Brosnan singing.  Oh well.  I suppose I am a child of the sixties in many ways.
So today I have got to come up with a new painting.  I have a couple of things in mind.  And I do want to keep painting.  I enjoy how it makes me concentrate.  And I am beginning to enjoy the outcome.  I didn't used to much.  So I guess that is progress.
I hope all is well in cyberspace!  I am still pulling for you!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!
Melody

No comments: