Thursday, March 19, 2015

Signs of Spring and the Goodness of Marriage


Good evening!  Every year I like to look for the signs that Spring is really here.  I thought I would share this picture I found on the internet of snow geese.  They are quite beautiful.  We had about 500 or so land across the street a couple of days ago.  They filled the field.  They are rather spectacular.  I assume they are on their journey back from southern places.  We see them every year.  They don't stick around long...only a day at most.  And then they are back in the air.  I was glad they picked our neighborhood to hang out in.  It is one of the reasons I love it here.  We are always seeing beautiful creatures, especially birds.
Today I drove with Mel and Sean and Ricky to Ontario, Oregon.  It is about 45 minutes from here.  Sean is my son in law, and Ricky is my grandson.  They both work with Mel.  And we went to Ontario to look at injection molding machines for sale.  We need a new machine because we are trying to keep up with the demand for parts for our customers.  It is a good thing.  But it is a hard decision to make...which machine to buy.  We really can't afford new machines, although that would be so nice.  They run from about $70,000 to whatever you can imagine.  Which leaves us with used machines, which are also plenty spendy.   Deciding which used machine to buy can be a little tricky.  I think we have decided to go with one Mel found online.  But it was good to see the ones in Ontario for a comparison.  And besides, it was fun to go together and then eat pizza for lunch!  And these three men are great!  I think I am very lucky to have such good relatives!
It made me think of President Eyring's talk to the Vatican summit about the great institution of marriage.  He says what I feel, with so much eloquence.
 Here's the link.  President Eyring  I like how he says, "that a man and a woman, united in marriage, have a transcendent power to create happiness for themselves, for their family, and for the people around them."  It is so true!  I love that about marriage.
Well, I guess I had better get to cooking dinner.  I don't think Mel will be too hungry tonight after all of our pizza and salad for lunch.  Maybe some soup:)  I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace tonight.  Take care and have a most wonderful evening!!!!  Melody


No comments: