Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Today

Good morning!  I have had an eventful morning already!  The power went out for about 45 minutes....and the garbage men came and hauled away the garbage.  I guess that is quite a bit for only the first half of the morning.  I am waiting for a man to come that I want to hire for lawn maintenance.  I can't do it myself, and Mel has little time.  It takes about an hour and a half just to mow, and then there is edging and fertilizing and all the rest.  My neighbor uses this service and really likes it.  So we shall see.  It would be nice to hand it over to someone else.  Then I can stop fretting over it.  I do that too much....fretting.  It is not a nice activity.  It makes me feel anxious and unsettled.  And it is so silly.  I am trying hard to get over it. :)  I remember a dear friend from years ago talking about how it is so unproductive to fret.  I should have listened better then.
I am reading a really good book!  It is called, You are NOT Special!.  It is by David McCullough, jr....The son of the author of 1776.  It is really well written and insightful....a lot of it is about parenting teens, a lot is about teaching.  And all of it is entertaining.  I am glad to be reading a good book.  Actually I am reading about three.  I have to reread "The Lacuna" by Kingsolver for book club in May, since I am leading the discussion.  And I am reading "Cutting for Stone", which I am still deciding about.  It is good, but so graphic, and I am not sure where the author is leading his readers.  I think I may pick a lighter book for summer time.  I love a good novel.
Well, I can see I have so little to write about today.  I mostly just wanted to send out a greeting of cheer and good will.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I am pulling for you!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I could use some cheer and good will today so I will take some from you. It is good advice not to fret; and I do a lot of that too.
I know what you mean about needing lawn care; we had some young boys do it last year and they were great and I hope to get them again.
I love a good novel too. Right now I am reading one of Gerald Lund's new one entitled Fire and Steel. I am enjoying it. However, I don't get time to read everyday which I would like too.
Sending hugs your way!