Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday's Child

Hola!  I am feeling like a Friday child today....loving and giving.  I think because we have finally decided we are going to sell this house.  At least I think so.  I found an empty lot today that is in a very nice subdivision, and it backs up to a little creek that goes through town.  It is a lovely setting and smells good, and the doves coo, and the water gurgles.... it is kind of cool.  I have loved this subdivision since we moved to Nampa.  We have taken walks along the creek...there is a greenbelt.  The greenbelt is on the other side of the creek from this lot though, so we wouldn't have people in our yard.  Probably just ducks:)  And you know how I love ducks!!!  Actually I do like them again.  I just had a bit of a run in with them some years ago.  We had rescued a duck that was lame, from the park.  We nursed it back to health for a few weeks. Then we took it back to the park to let it go free.  It swam a few feet, and then about twenty or thirty ducks flew in from every where around and pecked it to death as we stood watching...shocked!  I didn't realize that they were territorial.  Poor ducky.  For a long time I didn't like ducks.  But I suppose I like them again now....as long as they don't attack!!!
Anyway, I think we may make an offer on the lot and then put our house up for sale.  It's a big decision.  But we are finding that two acres is way more work than we thought.  And we are both too old and tired for the constant nagging of weeds and such.  Mel gets home from work now, just exhausted.  And I go and work for a half an hour in the weeds, and I am exhausted.  So it is probably time for a change.  It's hard though.  We have loved this home, and especially we love the wildlife and the views of the lake.  But I figure a creek is a good substitute:)  My kids would like us to move to Boise.  But I really have enjoyed Nampa.  It is not so crowded and so much quieter.  And the people we have met here are great.  So we shall see how this all pans out.  (Gold mining talk!)
So, what else is new you ask?  Hmmmmm, not much.  I guess I have been spending a lot of time on Zillow.  And visiting kids and grandkids.  It seems like I am lucky that way.  Oh, and cleaning out my art studio.  I am about done.  I think I can paint now.  Or finish paintings I have not quite finished.  I did find some old watercolors that I kind of like now.  I remember I hated them back when I was painting them.  I felt like I couldn't control the paint enough.  Now I kind of like how loose it is.  And I don't see the mistakes as clearly.  So that is good.  I think I will frame a few and hang them around the house.
So I hope all is well in cyberspace today.  It is good here.  The sun is shining and my world feels fairly calm....at least for now.  I hope you have a great Friday night date night!  Take care!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is a big decision to move. We have thought about it too. However, every time I look at all our stuff I can't even comprehend moving. We will see. We don't have a huge lot but even the one we have is too much to handle.
Do some watercolor art; I would love to see what you come up with. The lot you are looking at sounds awesome.
We have ducks here also. The homes across the street backyards face the Jordan River. The ducks go walking all over the neighborhood. I enjoy them. However, our neighbor across the street is always chasing them away; it so funny.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings for you!

Singeing Machine said...

This is nice and great post about Singeing Machine! i like it so much. please keep sharing such things. and best of luck for your blogging life. i think you will keep doing such great job in your life