Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Gute Nacht!

Hola!  I'm supposed to be asleep but I'm too worked up. So I took some Zzzz-quil and I'm waiting for it to work. I guess I'm feeling like this anticipated move is too much. We've decided to take it slow, so we will have enough time to get all the things done here that we want to do. It makes me feel relieved. I've been feeling like I can't do enough each day. So we may take a year or more to get it ready. I'm glad. 
I guess I'm not the only one who has been worried about approaching old age. My neighbors are fixing up their house and yard to put it up for sale. He just retired and doesn't want to be where the yard is so big. I think they might have 3 acres. Anyway it's nice to have someone to talk to about it all!  It is a big decision. 
I think we probably won't get that lot I like by the creek. Although the realtor told me no one had made any offers on it. So it may be for sale when we're ready to buy it. I think we'll have to wait and see. 
Well I don't know what to say. But I am getting a little bit sleepy. So I'll just say good night!  Sweet dreams!  Melody


This is a photo I took of the lot. 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

We have thought about downsizing our home and I just can't imagine getting it ready to sell. I think it would take me more than a year. My husband is planning on retiring in July. We may just stay here. It's not the big of home or property but too big at our age to want to take care of. We have such a large family so we do need enough room that our children can come home once in a while when coming here.
I do think you are wise to take it slow. There are a lot of decisions to make at this era of time. Hugs!