Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Travelers Are Home!

We had a most enjoyable weekend visiting my dad, and then we drove up the coast and spent Sunday night in Depoe Bay.  It has become one of our favorite places!


 Then yesterday we hopped back in the car and drove to Multinomah Falls for lunch.


I love driving through the Columbia Gorge.  Mel and I decided the word "gorgeous" must have originated here.  It really is a gorgeous place!

 Then we drove on to Baker City, Oregon and ate dinner in a little diner we like there.  It has a miniature train that runs around the inside of the restaurant. :)

And now we are home.  I like that we are, although immediately things press in that need to be done.  Today it was the payroll at work.  I got it done though, and it feels like I did something.  The other thing I did that I have been putting off, is.... I took my painting over to the framer's in Boise.  It will be framed by early next week.  That feels very good.
So life is back to normal.  I hope it can feel normal for a while.  Tomorrow morning is book club, so that will be fun.  I am excited to discuss You Are Not Special and Other Encouragements by David McCullough, jr.  I am going to watch his speech on Youtube.  If you are curious...and you should be...here is a link.  You Are Not Special
The other thing I am going to do is watch the conference talks we missed.  We did listen to quite a bit of conference, but Saturday afternoon got interrupted by Barbara's daughters coming over.  And Sunday afternoon conference we only got spotty coverage as we were traveling up the coast.  I set the TV to record it all though, so it will be nice to watch it all.  Here is a link to LDS General Conference if you would like to watch it too.  LDS Conference
Anyway, that is life for me as of today.  It could all change in an instant of course, as is true for all of us, living in a mortal world.  It is important to understand that I think.  Although it can be so lovely so much of the time.  Take care out there in cyberspace!!!  I am definitely still pulling for you!!!!!!  And have a most wonderful evening!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy you had such a good time on your trip to see your Dad. I love all the pictures and it is true the areas you were in are beautiful.
I like to travel; but when I get home I am happy to be back at home.
Hugs!