Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe!

Happy Tax Day!  It has been interesting here.  I have been going through all of this stuff in my studio, and I have learned....I don't like to throw anything away!  But I am forcing myself to get rid of the junk.  And I am discovering all that I really do have that is pretty cool!  I have so much paint!!!!  Acrylics, watercolor, and oils galore.  I am not throwing anything like that away.  Instead I am organizing it so it is more accessible, and maybe then I will be inspired to use more of it.  I like all three kinds of painting. And even some mixed media!  I also found my ink and pen and all kinds of printmaking inks.  And some old notebooks from school...and stuff and more stuff.
Anyway, I spent most of the morning going through and sorting.  Then I took Mel some lunch.  We ate at the park with the squirrels.  They are pretty active right now, and lots of fun to watch.  Mel fed them the leftovers of his apple.  It was fun to watch this fat little squirrel, sitting up on his haunches, carefully eating all but the apple peel.
Then I had to take care of our finances at the business.  I balanced the books and paid taxes and then took a trip to the bank and the post office.  That took most of the afternoon.  And now I am back home finishing up our personal taxes and paying bills.  So it really has been a busy day.  I will continue to work in this art room until Mel gets home from work.  He has been working long days the last week.  He is trying to get a new machine to run, but odd things keep happening.  Last night it sprang a leak and this morning the floor under the machine was covered in oil!  What a mess!!!  They use kitty litter to soak up the oil, but it is a lot of work.  That is the second oil leak in the same number of days.  Mel is able to fix the leaks, but not anticipate them.  So he is surprised and a little dismayed.  But he is an excellent tool guy, and knows his stuff.  He says the machine will work great once they get the bugs out:)
Well, that is life here.  I'm glad there is plenty to keep me busy.  I hope life is good in your neck of the woods!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Yup you did have a very busy day. In fact it caused me to want to take a nap.
I think it fun that you are working with your husband and I would treasure a moment of eating lunch in a part with him. I hope our days lighten up so we can do some things like that.
Thank Heaven's I don't have to do the taxes; that would be a stretch for me.
I love it when I read about others getting more organized; I hope to do that soon too.
Loved reading about your day. Hugs!