Friday, May 8, 2015

Dinosaurs!!!


Hola!  We are in Vernal, Utah...dinosaur land!  We came to be with Mel's brother who was sealed to his sweet wife this morning in the temple here. It was quite touching. A lot of Mel's family is here, and tomorrow we are having a luncheon with everyone who came..and then some!
We took a little break after lunch just the two of us. We went to see the fossils this afternoon at the Dinosaur National Monument. They amaze me. There are so many!!!  I took a few photos. But this one turned out best!
After seeing the fossils we drove over to Split Mountain. Such an amazing area!  It does look like some catastrophic event caused the mountain to split. The Green River runs right by. I guess a lot of rafting starts here. 
After exploring we found a great pizza place back in Vernal. We met the owners who are about our age. And we enjoyed talking with them.  
Now we are chillin' in our motel room. It's nice to relax!  I like traveling. But I get tireder than I used to get. 
So I am hoping all is well in cyberspace!  Have a good evening!  Melody


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved the pictures and the reason for the travel.
It all sounded fun. Vernal is a great place to visit.
Blessings and hugs!