Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Greetings!

Hola!  It's a good day today...but a nervous one.  Book club was this morning, and it was my turn for leading the discussion.  We read The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, one of my favorite authors.  It was such a good book....an historical novel about the relations of the US and Mexico, post WWI, the depression, WWII, communism, Trotsky and two artists...Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera...and a fictional character named Harrison.  It is so well written, and the story is so fun and complicated.  But of course I was nervous to be the one leading the group.  All went well though, and now I am back home in my comfort zone.  I love being home today.
The other nervous thing is choir practice this evening.  I am hoping people show up.  We didn't practice Sunday because of Mother's Day, and also being out of town.  So this is our last practice before we sing for Sacrament meeting on Sunday....I hope.  If no one shows up we will have to have another practice.  But it would be nice to be all done with that.  I guess the hardest part of this calling as a ward choir director is the feeling that no one else really cares.  Sigh!!!  But I will have faith and go forward....doing my best to do my best.
I have been rather tired and sore the last couple of days.  I don't know if the trip is to blame, but I suspect so.  And then I had to dive right back into work....doing books and trying to pay all of the bills for our company.  I did get it done, but it really makes me exhausted.
So today feels less busy, even though I am a little stressed.  I may get a nap if I am lucky.  I think that would help a lot.
Anyway, I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!
Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You do have such a busy life. I hope you get a little nap. I love that you have a book club; I loved those. I don't have one that I go to now; sad.
I am sure you choir will do awesome. I think a lot of wards struggle with getting people out to choir practice. I wish I could sing and I would be there.
Blessings and hugs!