Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Morning

Good morning!  It has been a lovely week.  I went to Women's Conference with my five beautiful daughters and two of my granddaughters.  We had such fun!  Some of the highlights were:

  • Staying up waaayyy too late talking and giggling.
  • Listening to amazing speakers.
  • Having a theater overflow room all to ourselves to watch and listen to Janice Kapp Perry.
  • Speaking with Liz Lemon Swindle about her art....and mine!  She liked my painting!  ( I can't believe I was so brazen as to show her my painting!)
  • Feeling inspired and motivated to do more and be better.

I really don't have time this morning to write about all of it.  But maybe as I have time I will write a little more about each speaker we were able to hear.  I did want to share just a little this morning, but then I have to get to work and do payroll for Mel so I will have to write more later.  Here is a link that will give you some idea of the wonderful conference talks.  BYU  Elder Ballard spoke as the concluding speaker.  To illustrate the point of how important women were in the lives of men, he told the story of Max and his wife.  They had a high school reunion with her old boyfriend from high school.  Max wasn't particularly thrilled, but his wife was anxious to meet him again after so many years.  So they went to the place arranged.  It turned out the boyfriend had become the manager of a small store.  Max was a CEO of a large company.  So after the reunion Max was trying to get his wife to say something nice about himself.  So he said, "Aren't you glad you married me?  If you had married him you would have only been married to a store manager."  She said, "Let's get something straight.  If I had married him, he would be the CEO and you would be the store manager!"  That made everyone laugh!  Of course, the rest of the talk was much more serious.  I will put up a link later.
We are leaving again Wednesday morning to go to Mel's older brother's temple sealing in Vernal, Utah.  His brother has been inactive in the church since he was about 16 years old.  So this is very special.  He became active about a year and a half ago when his wife invited the missionaries in and decided she wanted to be baptized.  She asked who could baptize her and the missionaries said, "Your husband!"  So he got interviewed and did the necessary things to be worthy and he did baptize her.  Such a sweet thing, and so wonderful for their family.
Anyway,  I hope all is well.  I am still pulling for you out there in cyberspace!  Take care and have a very, very, very blessed and happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love this sweet post. It sounds like you had a lovely time with I am sure many memories. I must attempt this next year with my daughters.
I loved the story by Elder Ballard and I do want to listen to his talk.
I love that you are going to the temple sealing; that is awesome. My two brothers were inactive for years. My oldest brother took his family to the temple when he was in his early 50's. My other brother took his family to the temple when he was in his 60's. My parents never gave up on them.
Hugs for this one!