Sunday, May 31, 2015

Who's Team Are You On?

Good morning!  We are still in Oklahoma. Yesterday our grandson Hunter was baptized. His baptism is the main reason for our visit. He was so excited and nervous too. Mel gave a talk on being baptized that was excellent. He told of how special he felt as a young boy when he received a team jersey and how it helped him to feel special and part of the team. And he compared that to being baptized and being on Jesus' team. And then how there are team meetings when you are on a team and how important it is not to miss them so that you know the game plan. He asked Hunter what team meetings we had for Jesus' team.  He made a few other comparisons.  It was a great talk. Julie gave a talk about the Holy Ghost that was also great. And Randy gave him such a sweet blessing to confirm. I think Hunter will remember his special day. 
The rest of the day we just relaxed and enjoyed being together. I am grateful for the time we have here. 
Today is church in the afternoon so we are having a kind of lazy morning. I think we are getting lots of rest. So that's good. Although Mel was saying yesterday he's glad for work. He kind of likes having some purpose in his life. I have to agree. I'm looking forward to home, although I will miss Julie and Randy and all the kids!
I hope today is a great day for us all!!!  HAVVVVGW!!!!!  Me

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that Hunter had a great baptismal day. I always enjoy attending my Grandchildren's baptisms. The talk on being on Jesus Team was a great analogy; I loved it.
It looks like you have been having a lot of fun. I do know it is always good to be home again; but continue to enjoy the precious moments left as I know you will.
Blessings and hugs!