Monday, June 22, 2015

Classical Training

Things have been rather busy around here.  And it seems it will continue for a while.  Last week I worked at the shop, shopped for my class that starts today, entertained grandchildren, put up fruit, etc.  Then Friday night was our ward camp out.  Luckily it is by our favorite motel in Cascade...The Ashley Inn...so we didn't have to stay in a tent, or pull up our trailer over the mountains.  We had to hurry back for things we still had to take care of here, but it was a lovely, short getaway.
This morning I begin my art class on classical technique.  It looks promising.  I went over to take my things last night and the work that was out from other artists who have taken this class before was beautiful.  I am excited to go this morning.  Although a little too excited.  I woke up at 5 and couldn't fall back asleep!  But it should be an opportunity to learn some of the things I have wanted to learn for a while.
Then we have my granddaughter's wedding at the end of the week....in Seattle.  So we will be taking one more trip!  I am looking forward to her wedding in the Bellevue temple.  But I am not looking forward to driving.  I am glad we have our new Camry.  It should help to make things more pleasant.
Anyway, that's the news from Lake Lowell. (Not Lake Woebegone)  Hope all is well and happy in your neck of the woods.  HAVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Now that is a terrific idea for a ward camp out; stay in a hotel near by. I could handle that one.
I love that you are taking an art class again and I will love watching what you create.
I hope you enjoy the drive to Washington. I miss living in Spokane a lot. We loved going to Seattle also. Enjoy the sweet moment so on this trip.
Blessings and hugs!

LeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.