Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Night Again so Soon!

Hola!  It's been a long and busy day...as was yesterday.  But I am home now with Taylor here.  Mel had to return to work to fix a problem with a mold.  He's been working hard to catch up with everything at work.  He is almost caught up, but I am not sure he is ever all the way caught up.  It is hard to be the one in charge!
I started the day with a visiting teaching visit.  The lady we visited is quite old, and her daughter that lives with her and cares for her had a heart attack this last weekend.  It is lucky she made it.  She said she had 99% blockage in her artery!  The doctor said it was very close.  I think now her challenge will be to get enough rest.  Her daughters came to help, so for now things are OK.  But Jodell and I thought we should go by and see what we could do to help.  I think she mostly just needed a good visit.  She has been through a lot!
After visiting with her I met my littlest sister for lunch.  We also had a good visit.  I am lucky to have both of my sisters within driving distance.  I think they help to keep me balanced.  It is so easy to get overwhelmed with all that goes on in our lives.  We need each other for sure.
After lunch I went and got Taylor.  He wanted to come and spend the night, and his mom thought it might be nice to have a break.  So we have been pal-ing around all afternoon and evening.  We went to Costco for a few things and he loved the free samples!  Then we went to the pet store for a few more things.  And then we went to Freddy's, which is a milkshake/ice cream store that opened here a few months ago.  Taylor wanted a shake....chocolate with caramel.  We got one for Mel and dropped it by.  Then we came home and I gave Taylor a haircut!  It looks good.  Then we went to a stake activity....a Luau...with Mel too.  It was great.  It reminded me of the luaus we used to have in San Lorenzo.  We had a large Polynesian population that loved to put on a show.  There are not so many Polynesians here in this stake, but it was fun.  Taylor really liked the "Haka"!  Me too!!!
Well, I guess that is it for today.  I am so glad for my sweet grandson Taylor.  We agree that we have a special bond.  He told me today he likes to be "spoiled and loved" by his grandma.  He is such a joy in my life.  I am grateful for him!  And for all of my grandchildren.  I wish we could all live in a hacienda together.  I think it would be great!!!!
So I hope all is happy and bright out in cyberspace!   Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!! Keep smiling and I will do the same.  Good night!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It really looks like you had a delightful day. I am sure you are an awesome visiting teacher. I have a sweet neighbor that will turn 89 this year and her daughter lives with her and takes care of her. They always love visits.
I am envious of you having sisters that you are close to. I didn't get to have a sister. I have always wanted my three daughters to be close but they all live very far apart.
Your grandson Taylor sounds like an awesome young man. It is sweet that you can have him over and spoil him. I certainly remember staying a lot with my grandmother and I have so many sweet memories of her.
Blessings and hugs for you!