Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday

Good day!  I hope it is for you.  I am excited for my grandson, Sebastian.  He turns ten years old today.  A whole decade!  That is quite an accomplishment!!!  I don't remember my tenth birthday.  But I do remember my eleventh.  I got to go to see the new movie, "West Side Story" in a theater in downtown Oakland.  I remember the excitement of going to the city.  As I recall I got to take my best friend, Meg, with us.  But I am no longer sure of that.  I do remember trying to dance like the Jets.  It was a movie I really liked.  I loved the music!  "There's a Place for Us" saddened my eleven year old heart.  And "I want to be in America" was wonderful!  Fun memories.
Last night we drove to Glenns Ferry to see our daughter, Amy, perform.  She is in a band that played for the dinner portion of the program.  And then she was in the play that followed.  She played the part of "Tony Petrillo".  It was funny to see her act the part of a man.  She did well. They are never very serious dramas.  It is all done in fun, and we laughed a lot.  There were two other women who played the part of men.  Kind of opposite of Shakespeare's day.
So besides the party this afternoon, my assignment is to finish organizing my file drawers.  I am almost done.  I worked on it a while yesterday.  I was able to throw away a bunch of old papers.  I would like to get it all organized and usable.
In other news....my new medicine is working well.  Although I woke up at 3 the night before last with a blood sugar of 60.  I think that was the number that sent my dad to the hospital one night.  But I called the doctor and with his advice I am able to eliminate some of my other medications, and have a better blood sugar, so that is great.  I am glad for the miracles of modern medicine;)
Well, I guess that's all for today.  I hope all is happy and bright in cyberspace today.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Happy 10th Birthday to you sweet boy.
I loved West Side Story! I remember that I had a date to it. How fun to watch your daughter perform. I love when I have an opportunity to watch one in a play. My youngest daughter was Annie in a play and she was so awesome.
Now you mentioned organizing your files; I need to reevaluate my files. I thought I got them organized. However, I have kept too much stuff so I need to go through them again.
I am happy your new medication is working well. My husband and I are trying to get some of our medical things taken care of before he retires and we are on Medicare.
Blessings and hugs! Have a lovely weekend.