Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Smokey Mountain Trails

Hola!  Today is our second day of driving. We are headed towards Sutherlin where my dad lives...taking him back. We are just leaving Bend Oregon, next town is Sisters. I usually love the views of the mountains, but the smoke makes them hard to see. For a little while the air was clear in Burns where we stayed last night. I could see the moon and stars!  I miss good clean air!  I guess closer to the coast it will clear. I hope so!
We are planning to get my dad settled back in with his sweetie, and then we will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary by the ocean, probably Depoe Bay. We love it there!  We will maybe see whales. And relax while the waves crash!  There is supposed to be a storm this weekend. I love to watch the waves in a storm...from somewhere safe!!!
It seems like I have been so busy the last couple of weeks with my dad visiting. I think it will continue to be busy as we are moving our business to a new building. And I would like to be painting. Mel thinks I can set up a space for that in the new building. That would be nice. 
Well I guess I'm signing off. I hope wherever you are the air is clear. Keep your stick on the ice!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I hope you have a lovely Anniversary and that the air is clear. We just got back from Spokane,WA on Monday and the air there was very bad. On Saturday it was lovely for a while; which was a miracle.
Be safe and sending hugs and wished for blessings your way~