Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Hereafter

Hola!  So much has been happening that it is hard to keep up.  But I want to be sure and write some of it down so that I don't forget!
Yesterday was a lovely day.  We started out by going to the temple.  I always feel so peaceful there and I love to see old friends.  We saw our good friends from Pleasanton, Don and Jan Larson.  They moved up here a few years ago and live in Emmett.  They are choice people.  They joined the church when we were in the ward in Pleasanton.  They have a passel of boys and one girl.  So Jan used to come and get my daughter Amy to play with here daughter Christina.  So we go back aways.  And it is good to see them in good standing with the church, and to hear about their grown up children.
After the temple we had lunch at the Cottonwood Grill.   It is so nice there.  It is on the river and their landscaping adds to the beauty of their location.  And we decided it isn't all that expensive when we eat lunch there and split the meal.  We actually spend about the same as at a fast food place.  So we justify it well.
After lunch we drove on over to Twin Falls to attend the reception for my granddaughter Madeline and her new husband.  They are the ones who were married in Seattle.  They honeymooned in Mexico for a month and then they had a reception at her parents house last night.  It was fun.  Michelle and Gary have a beautiful yard with large trees and it was very peaceful sitting in their yard.  It was quite warm though.  It's funny that both of their receptions were in hot times for the area.  It was 90 something in Seattle, and 99 in Twin Falls.
Friday we went to see Mr. Holmes....which I would highly recommend.  I love stories about Sherlock Holmes.  This one was different and very imaginative.  And I enjoyed how old age was so well portrayed.
Well, life here is good.  We are both feeling pretty well, despite the normal aging process.  Mel keeps coming up with funny things about aging.  He loves to say something that our stake president said.  "I seem to be living in the hereafter more and more.  Like when I go out to the back porch and then I think, 'What is it I am here after?'"  I am sure he said it more cleverly, but you get the idea.
So I hope all is happy and well in your neck of the woods.  Remember I'm pulling for you!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

This was a fun read! I loved the temple; so I like reading about the times you go there. It is awesome that you ran into some great friends. We often time eat in the temple cafeteria and they have great food. However, I think I would enjoy eating by a River.
It's always fun to attend the weddings of loved ones. Wishing for you a great week end coming up. Loved the thought from the Stake President from your husband; I can relate.
Hugs!