Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Blessed Day

Good Sabbath!  It looks like a beautiful day here.  The air is clear and the sun is out.  I feel like the Lord is blessing us in so many ways!
We did find a woman to go in each day and help my dad and Barb with cooking and cleaning...and laundry and dishes of course.  I am glad my dad will have some help!  He has been doing so much for his sweet wife, but he needs to let someone else do some of the work.  He is remarkable for 92!  I am glad he is doing so well.
I have no Sunday responsibilities today.  Stake choir is practicing for stake conference, so we can't practice our ward choir until after the conference.  Then it will be the general conference and primary programs competing for time in September and October.  We are scheduled to sing in October sometime.  I hope we can work it all out.  Our piano player will be gone the last two weeks in October.  So we shall see. I need to meet with the ward music chairman and get this worked out.  I'm sure we can figure things out.
Mel and I drove out to Wilder to visit with our daughter Julie and her husband Randy and their seven kids last evening.  It was fun.  We went to the Idaho Pizza in Homedale and then after to the Frosty Palace where they serve all kinds of ice cream treats....the favorite being a Pink Lady.  The kids had fun figuring out their own concoctions.  Mel and I settled for an ice cream cone.  It is so fun to see them.  I am sooooooo glad they moved back from Oklahoma.  And it's official....Julie is having another boy!  I am thrilled!
So life goes on....way too quickly.  I am enjoying it for the most part.  I wish that I could do more to help people who are suffering in the world.  It seems like there is so little we can do.  But I was reminded of the blessings of  fast offerings by this talk by Elder Eyring.“IS NOT THIS THE FAST THAT I HAVE CHOSEN?”  I am glad the Lord organizes His people to help each other.  And I am glad it is fast Sunday.  A quote from Pres. Kimball:  “Rich promises are made by the Lord to those who fast and assist the needy. … Inspiration and spiritual guidance will come with righteousness and closeness to our Heavenly Father. To omit to do this righteous act of fasting would deprive us of these blessings.”  I know that is true!
I hope all is happy and well with you and yours wherever you are in this wide world.  I'm still pulling for you!  We're all in this together!!!!!!  Have a great day!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Happy to hear that you found someone to help your Dad. It loved the fun time that you had with your daughter and family. I wish at least one of my daughters would move closer i miss them all so much.
I loved your thoughts on fasting and caring for the needed. Blessings and hugs~