Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Marching Onward!

Bon jour!  I hope it is. Things seem to be speeding along rather quickly. Yesterday was especially full with exercise, then visiting teaching and then a new art class I am taking. It is mostly a class to get me painting. And it was fun....no difficult techniques. The teacher is self taught. But I like his work and I think I can learn from him. We are all painting the same picture. There were only 3 students. He has two other classes. The room can only accommodate four people with all the supplies it takes. I'm thinking I could do this if I ever needed to make some moolah.  
Anyway I'm enjoying life. We had a stake conference Saturday and Sunday. The main messages were on family counsels and keeping the Sabbath Day holy. We have good leadership in our stake. They are very dedicated and sincere and humble men. I think they really help to strengthen the families in our stake. And it seems these times are hard on families. 
Mel has still not moved his business into the new building. It seems the city is very slow getting the building passed for occupancy. It is looking like we will finally get to move in by the 1st of October. It's not easy. Besides moving 5 huge injection presses and several large machining tools, they also have to get all the electricity hooked up which in itself will take a few days. So Mel is trying to get it all coordinated so that there isn't too much down time for the business. I kind of worry about how the stress is getting to him. It's not easy being the one in charge. Sigh!
But life marches on. I met a lady in my swim class yesterday. She looks about 70 but she told me she is 80!  She was so nice. We talked a lot about her husband and their health. She was concerned as everyone seems to be as we grow older about what the future had in store for them. She was very positive though and happy. And I was impressed by her good attitude. I hope I am still that active at 80!
Anyway I hope all is happy and bright in cyberspace. Keep your stick on the ice!  And HAVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You are really quite active. I really like that you are continuing to take art classes because I love to watch the progress of your paintings. I hope you will keep doing that.
Good luck with the move of your business; it sounds a bit daunting; but I am sure worth it all.
I too hope i will make it to 80's and feel good enough to continue to enjoy activities.
Blessings and hugs!