Thursday, September 24, 2015

Remembering

Guten Abend!  I guess the day is almost done...gone the sun.  It has been a good day for the most part.  I guess I have felt a little sad...remembering our Tommy.  I found this picture of him and used it for my profile picture on Facebook.  September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month, so I thought instead of a superhero, I would post my superhero.  He was an amazing little boy.  This picture was taken when he was four....right before he had major surgery.  He was showing us his muscles..."like Popeye!"  He loved Popeye.  He didn't like spinach much though.  I have been thinking of him all day.  I still miss him and wonder what he is doing in the spirit world.  I wish I could get a letter!  I love him so much!!!!  Anyway, it  is all good.  I know I will see him again.  And I am so grateful for that.  But I also know that I will miss him until I do.  It can't be helped. :)


In other news, I went to a volleyball game that our granddaughter Josie played in.  She did well, but the team lost.....not by much.  2 points.  She was quite sad.  I told her how proud I was of her, and that I would love to be able to jump and reach and run the way she did.  I guess she thought that was pretty funny because it cheered her up a little.  It is true though.  I really do wish I could still do those things!  Luckily I have proof that I once could....in our family movies!  Ha, ha!  I really love those!
So I guess the football game is over!  I hear Mel stirring in the next room.  So....have a good night!
Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I just can't imagine losing a child and that picture of your sweet boy is adorable. I am so grateful that we believe in seeing our loved ones again; what sweet comfort that gives. However, we still will miss them and love them all the more.
Wishing for you a lovely Sabbath Day. I am off to bed. Blessings and hugs!

singing/granny said...

Yes. Sweet is the peace the gospel brings! Thanks for all your kind comments!