Friday, September 11, 2015

Thankful for Friday

So today is almost over. A sad day of remembrance for America. But tomorrow is almost here...a happy day for our grandson Ricky.  He will be marrying his sweetheart Brooke. I'm happy for them. It makes me think of my own wedding day. How young we were!  And so excited to start our family!  We had little idea of what that meant. So many things to learn!  Looking back I remember mostly the good times. But we've certainly had our share of difficulties!  And I suppose maybe that is good. We have certainly grown closer as a couple and as a family. I'm glad for family celebrations!
Today I have been thinking a lot about aging...probably because I am:). But also because of my dad dealing with very old age. So it seemed appropriate to watch "The Age of Adeline".   Not the best movie but certainly thought provoking. It made me realize how natural it is to grow older. Poor Adeline didn't and it made for a lonely life. So I guess I'll try not to complain. I'm still a youngster after all!
So here's hoping that life is good in your neck of cyberspace!  HAGW!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congrats on having a grandson getting married. I can relate to feelings about those first few years of married life.
I too have been thinking a lot about aging. I can't believe how it just creeps up on one.
I turn 70 in November and it freaks me out a bit.
Have a great week dear friend; hugs!