Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Bay of a Different Sort...not Half Moon or Sunset....

Good evening!  It has been a busy day here.  I think we have moved everything from the old shop to the new one.  Not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.  But it is starting to come together.  And all of the machines are ready for the electrician to come and do the final hook up.  He was supposed to come today, but he is busy too.  So maybe tomorrow.  Here is a photo of what those big machines look like in our bigger shop.  I think it is a huge improvement!  This is just one bay.  We have another bay for his machine shop and assembly area.  I'll take a picture when it is near completion.



I spent the day organizing Mel's office.  Putting away files, setting up the computer, making a general nuisance of myself as I couldn't lift the heavy things and had to keep asking for help.  But his office is almost functional.  I had to try to set up the internet.  It shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason it is.  I have talked to three different companies now.  I hope one of them comes through for me soon!
It is cute how our employees are excited about the move too.  They are all offering opinions about how things should be organized, and what to do for decorations.  I went and got a popcorn machine to surprise them all tomorrow.  I think it will be a fun thing.  I also got an electric water warmer.  It is a little bit of a compromise on my part.  A few of them want a coffee maker, and I just couldn't bring myself to promote that.  I figure hot water is a concession.  They can get soup and hot chocolate, and tea and coffee if they want.
I guess I am not used to working a full day.  I worked until about 3, and then I came home and took a power nap, before going back at 4:30.  I could have just stayed home, but Mel seems to need the moral support.  And I enjoy the social aspect of it all.
Anyway, that is life here today.  Nothing too earth shattering.  I am thankful for that.  I have had enough earth shattering things for a while.  I hope all is happy and well in your neck of the internet.  Take care!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is quite the move. Moving all the big equipment is huge. I do hope you can get the internet up. I hate it when there is a problem with tech things.
Don't over do you two; that will not be good. Sending hugs your way and wished for blessings too.